OmniVista 2770 Quarantine Manager
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 2770 Quarantine Manager combines network management and network security into one application that can be used to manage and secure a wired/wireless infrastructure. The OmniVista 2770 Quarantine Manager protects the network from attacks at the network and application level by isolating the misbehaving user and providing a means for remediation.
Rules and decisions can be pre-configured using OneTouch automation for handling a security event once it is detected. Detection and notification of a security breach are initiated from IDS/IPS external devices. The notification (trap) can also be sent by Alcatel-Lucent Operating System (AOS) devices when under denial of service attack. These alerts are handled either through the pre-configured quarantine decisions (rules) or manually through the expert mode.
Containment is possible by several methods including quarantine VLAN, by shutting down ports, by blacklisting misbehaving wireless end-users, and through containment based on network access policies (access control lists).
The OmniVista 2770 Quarantine Manager has extensive quarantine history log files and provides MAC / IP tracing associations for troubleshooting and intrusion control. It extends Alcatel-Lucent NMS benefits such as centralization and automation, and offers OneTouch security reducing the complexity of pre-configured alert notifications and containment rules.
• OneTouch automation simplifies rules and decision deployment and change management
• Containment and remediation ensures consistently secure infrastructure
• Supports Alcatel-Lucent and third-party IPS/IDP solutions
• Flexibility for containment and isolation actions
• Part of a comprehensive integrated security strategy
• Network administrator has complete control over quarantine operations
• Numerous rule-based containment options
• Open notification scheme for security breaches
• Syslog, trap from Alcatel-Lucent or third-party IDS/IPS solutions
• Intrusion notification from Alcatel-Lucent security solutions (VPN Firewall Brick, OmniAccess SafeGuard Appliance)
• OmniAccess WLAN rogue alert
• MSC-based VLAN based on the MAC address
• ACLs for network access resources
• Port shut down for third-party switches
• Wireless end user black listing
• Supports all Alcatel-Lucent and third party devices with SNMP and MIB-2
• Embedded http-based management system with standard Web browser support