OmniSwitch 9000E Family
Introducing the new family of high-capacity core switches.
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 9000E series is a new, high capacity core switch that addresses the need for a secured and highly available voice, data and video solution for large enterprise core switches and data centers, or a metro Ethernet environment.
This latest Alcatel-Lucent product offering supports the familiar and field proven AOS functionality and thus can be effortlessly deployed within our existing OmniSwitch 9000 systems while offering extended features to address new customer requirements.
The switch family offers enterprises:
- Gigabit capacity
- Advanced layer 3 switching
- High availability through in-service software upgrades
- Layer-2 segregation using virtual local area networks (VLANs) and stacked VLANs (also known as QinQ)
- Layer-3 segregation by multiple virtual routing and forwarding ( multiple VRF)
- Eco-sustainability by minimizing BTUs/hour thus reducing energy requirements and air-conditioning costs
- OmniSwitch 9800E - Our largest chassis, features the highest port density and performance available for large enterprise networks. It offers high availability through: a design that features no single point of failure, smart continuous switching operation, and in service software upgrade capability. Plus, it performs at extremely low power consumption levels.
- OmniSwitch 9700E - Our workhorse product, combines the value of the OS9800E in a smaller form factor.
The OmniSwitch 9000E is a newer version of the OmniSwitch 9000 family. The OmniSwitch 9000E family offers additional capabilities such as multiple virtual routing and forwarding, MPLS, in-service software upgrade capabilities and extremely low power consumption.